Business speaker and writer Guy Clapperton spoke to IT Decisions about how companies can benefit from social media and how CIOs in Brazil need to manage this brave new world of information.
Clapperton has written on several aspects of business, from constructing a business plan to the psychology of organizational behavior, but he has also written extensively on how companies can use social media, most notably in his book ‘This is Social Media’. In just eight minutes, he outlines:
- How the corporate governance of social media has evolved;
- The skills and management attitude needed to make social media work for CIOs;
- The lessons and failures of European companies that can be applied directly to Brazil, so CIOs in Brazil can avoid making the same mistakes;
- How to really measure the value of social media, rather than just assuming it is all about the number of followers you have on Twitter;
- How the resumé may still have a place, even with the rise in use of LinkedIn;
- What has changed since his book originally came out in 2009 (it was recently updated in April to include information on mobile networking, tablets, and location-aware devices).
Click here to hear the first part of the interview with Guy Clapperton
Click here to hear the concluding part of the interview with Guy Clapperton
Photo by Nan Palmero licensed under Creative Commons